Every detail matters when you are creating the environment to have the high standards in the dog walking industry.

One day I found a set of over 20 keys on the ground on dog hill. Attached to the keys was an identifier, a gym membership tag with their name and membership number. I called the gym and acquired the dog walkers phone number and called her. 15 minutes later she showed up with her pack of dogs and I gave her the keys and she proceeded to put the huge set of keys into her sweat shirt hoodie hand warmer. The problem was that the "pocket", actually the hoodie hand warmer wasn't zipper protected. She put the keys in the same pocket from where the keys originally fell out of.

I was shocked, she didn't realize that she was lucky that someone honest found her keys and contacted her to return them. She probably didn't even realize that the keys were lost. She didn't realize the value of protecting her clients keys. She didn't care that I had the power to access her client's home. It took me less than 1 minute to find out who owned the keys and if I was a crook then I could easily find out the location of the homes of her clients.

Keys should be contained in a pocket that is sealed with a zipper.

Dog walkers are constantly moving and bending over and placing keys in a pocket that isn't zipper protected greatly increases the odds of having the keys dropping out of the pocket.

MerryMutt can't control how dog walkers carry the keys but we have incentives to ensure the safety of our client's keys.

Dog walkers are financially responsible for lost keys.

Losing keys and FOBs can get very expensive. Dog walkers become protective of the client keys when they know that they are financially responsible for replacing lost keys and FOBs. They will also be responsible for replacing locks.

There is financial risk involved on the dog walkers end. Everyone will treat keys with extra care when they know it will cost them  a lot of money for losing keys.

Keys are marked so that strangers can't identify the address.

Keys are marked in a special way so that only MerryMutt and the dog walkers know the address associated with the keys.

Dog walkers are not allowed to create duplicate copies of the keys.

No one is allowed to created duplicate copies of client keys without the client's consent. Anyone caught making duplicate copies without consent from the client will result in losing their contract.

Who may enter the client's home.

The client must give authorization to any person who may enter their home. Email or text confirmation from the client is required.

Locking doors.

Part of fulfilling the service is to lock the client's door when the service is complete. Failure to lock the door will mean that the service wasn't completed and MerryMutt doesn't have to pay the dog walker for that walk.

In the case where there is a problem with the client's lock, the dog walker must immediately contact MerryMutt.com and we will handle the issue directly with the client.

Comments

LockSmith
03/04/2016 11:09am

keys!!!!

Tom
03/15/2016 9:30am

keys

Susan F
03/28/2016 12:27pm

Important security issues addressed.

Julie C
03/28/2016 7:16pm

Client's security is important as they are entrusting their homes to the dog walkers.

YES! this is so important. Too many of my clients didn't have walkers because they left doors open...

Ira Schwartz
04/02/2016 4:50pm

04/29/2016 1:12pm

In oar society the love policy is commonly use in friendship. In which we can say that if the person wants to get well. So the person can easy to learn or forgive to the other person.

meha sethi
05/02/2016 2:02pm

This is so important in ensuring the client feels their home is well protected.

06/09/2016 3:14am

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.

07/18/2016 6:33pm

Very interesting article, I really like what shering comrades on this page.

09/14/2016 7:19pm

A page with the content of the article is very good, hopefully success accompany you this good article writer.

10/05/2016 4:09am

When it’s time for your lock rekey in Kitchener it’s important to work with a team that you can trust! At Lock rekey Kitchener, each technician is professionally trained and certified to perform a change the locks service. We work quickly with all the necessary equipment to get the job done right the first time.

Our fully transparent pricing, services, and customer care makes us the most trusted change the locks service in the area. Whether you’re looking to secure your new home or rekey the locks to your office, we’re committed to offering the most professional and quality services possible.

This saves you the time and hassle of buying and installing a new lock.
Previous pins from the cylinder are removed and replaced with new lower pins that accompany a brand new key. The result? Your old key won’t work and only those who have the new one can enter. While it’s possible to do this yourself, most people turn to Lock rekey for our services

11/01/2016 4:51pm

I never heard about this type of service providers, am so excited to read the post and the services of MerryMutt.com.I used to go on a walk with my dog in the evening and faced the same situation, after reading this post I think I have found the right key to solve my problem.

Interesting discussion about keys and locks policy, and everyone having really nice discussion on it, personally i also really like this blog, and keep it up guys!

I must say, I thought this was a pretty interesting read when it comes to this topic. Liked the material.